I have been playing the pipes for 8 years and am experienced at teaching others how to play. As few schools offer bagpipe lessons, and as most other pipers are typically much older, I am dedicated to bringing a youthful energy and mentorship to my teaching, as I encourage other young people to take up the pipes.
As a University student, I am afforded flexibility in my schedule and am able to teach students after school or work; and before or after band practice should you decide to join.
- Engaging, motivating
- Good communicator and mentor
- Have Blue Card – working with children check
- Can conveniently travel to your home for lessons
- Lessons and the process of teaching bagpipes are catered to each individual student – dependent on age, level, skill, time, etc
- Lessons are from 30 minute to 1 hour duration
- Your own bagpipes are not necessary to commence lessons
- I offer a bridge from sparking what may be an initial interest in playing bagpipes, to introducing my students to Gold Coast Tweed Pipes and Drums band membership and community
- Ability to apply for St Andrew’s Scottish Society Bursary for instrument sponsorship
Please contact me to find out more if you are interested in learning the bagpipes.